Is your cat or dog eating, drinking or urinating more than normal?
They could be suffering from a condition of the endocrine (hormone) system, such as Diabetes, Hyperthyroidism or Cushing’s Disease. Endocrinology problems are more common than you think, but thankfully there are a variety of ways of diagnosing and treating each condition to allow your pet to continue to live a full and normal life.
Taking a urine sample is the first step in determining if your cat or dog might be suffering with endocrine problems. Below is a selection of useful, informative guides taking you through the signs and symptoms of each condition, plus a look at the next steps once a diagnosis has been made.
*Endocrinology urine sample promotion terms & conditions:
- This offer does not include a consultation, it is a standalone urine test for conditions of the endocrine system. If a consultation following the test result is required, this will be charged at our normal rate. Rates are available to view here .
- Non-absorbent cat litter is required to take a feline urine sample. This is available to purchase at any of our Charter Vets locations.
- You will be charged an upfront fee of £5 upon submission of the urine sample. The sample will not be tested prior to payment.
- This offer is valid for three months from 1 October to 31 December 2018.
- You will need to be an existing or new Charter Vets customer to take advantage of this offer. We welcome new registrations; our registration form can be found here or completed at any of our Charter Vets locations.
Professional Pet Care
Pet owners trust us to look after the needs of their beloved companions. We are committed to delivering the very highest of veterinary care.