- Charter Veterinary Hospital, Roundswell, Barnstaple
- Bridge House Surgery, Pilton, Barnstaple
- St. John's Surgery, Newport, Barnstaple
- Mullacott Veterinary Hospital, Ilfracombe
- South Street Surgery, Braunton
Micro-chipping dogs becomes compulsory in 2016
What's it all about?
In England, all dogs will need to be microchipped from 6 April 2016. Dog owners will need to:
- Have their dog microchipped and registered on one of the authorised commercial databases
- Register the details of any new owner before they sell or give the dog away
- Keep their contact details up-to-date on the databases
Permanent identification of dogs through microchipping has many benefits. It can help reunite strays with their owners, help tackle puppy farming, and encourage responsible ownership. In pedigree dogs it facilitates the reporting of hereditary health problems.
Budget chips often cost more in the long run
We chose to use Tracer® Advance microchips and database package helping to keep track of your pet so, if it does go walk about, you’ll have the best possible chance of being reunited. The Tracer® Advance microchips and database package offers
- Reliable Bio polymer chips which are 10 x stronger and much less likely to shatter post implantation, compared to budget glass chips
- Lifetime registration with the Petlog database, available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Total peace of mind that your pet has the best possible chance of being returned to you if they go missing
- 4 weeks FREE pet insurance from Petplan, the UK’s favourite pet insurance provider*
Many "Budget Chips" being implanted only have call centres open in 'office hours’. If your pet went missing at 17.01 on a Friday then someone finding your pet may not be able to access your details until 9am on Monday - that is likely to be very stressful for both your pet and you.
Microchipping at Charter costs £10.54 for those pets signed up to the Charter Pet Club or £15.05 for those pets who are not.
To book your pet in for a Tracer® Advance microchip please call your local Charter Vets location using the details at the top of this page.