- Charter Veterinary Hospital, Roundswell, Barnstaple
- Bridge House Surgery, Pilton, Barnstaple
- St. John's Surgery, Newport, Barnstaple
- Mullacott Veterinary Hospital, Ilfracombe
- South Street Surgery, Braunton
Diagnostic imaging specialists and experienced surgeons on your doorstep.
At Charter Veterinary Hospital we can offer a highly equipped dedicated Orthopaedic Theatre working to AO protocols. Pre-emptive polymodal analgesic and intensive care regimes – Epidurals – Patches – Infusions – Ventilators – Intensive care recovery suite. We provide a comprehensive, quality service.
Modified Marquet Procedure (MMP). We were one of the first hospitals to introduce MMP in 2011 and this is now usually our procedure of choice. We find complication and recurrence rates are low, the recovery times are shorter than other techniques and most dogs return to some free exercise by 8 weeks
- Similar biomechanics to Tibial Tuberosity Advancement (TTA) using a titanium orthofoam wedge in small, medium and large breed dogs.
- Slocum Rotational Tibial Plateau Levelling Osteotomy (TPLO) in medium and large breed dogs.
- Arthrex Tight Rope – Isometric Stabilisation an option for dogs & cats.
- Closing Wedge Osteotomy for small breed dogs with very steep tibial plateaus.
- Lateral D’Angelis sutures nylon implant available for small dogs or where costs prohibit other procedures.
- Arthroscopic Meniscal Assessment & Management.
Articular fracture management.
Osteochondrosis (OCD) management.
Medial compartment disease.
Carpal and tarsal arthrodesis.
Pelvic fractures, hip luxation and sacroiliac luxation.
Arthroscopic biceps tendon release.