- Charter Veterinary Hospital, Roundswell, Barnstaple
- Bridge House Surgery, Pilton, Barnstaple
- St. John's Surgery, Newport, Barnstaple
- Mullacott Veterinary Hospital, Ilfracombe
- South Street Surgery, Braunton
Our experienced team of veterinary nurses can give you helpful advice and care on a wide range of services, including:
- Puppy parties - aspects of pet care and training. These offer your puppy a valuable opportunity to socialise with other puppies of different breeds and sizes in a safe environment. Receive valuable advice on how you can prevent future behavioural issues now, whilst your puppy is at an impressionable stage of their social development.
- Microchip insertion - talk to us about protecting your pet, microchip insertion
is available at all our sites.
- Post-operative care - our nurses are able to carry out wound dressing
management and suture removal.
- Dental healthcare - contact us for valuable advice and a demonstration
on prevention and treatment of dental disease.
- Ear cleaning - contact us for advice on products and a demonstration of how
regular care can prevent disease.
- Dry eye checks - our nurses can monitor your dog for low tear flow, which
affects 1 in 22 of the general dog population, and 1 in 11 of specific breeds.
- Slimming clinics - run by our veterinary nurses who have gained higher qualifications in pet nutrition. They can help your pets maintain a healthy weight through diet and exercise.
- Weight loss medication monitoring - talk to our nurses about what medication may be appropriate for some patients that are overweight and have found it difficult to lose weight through dietary management alone. This may be due to concurrent arthritis or mobility problems. Following exclusion and consideration of any underlying disease, medication is now available that may help these patients lose weight to allow them to improve their mobility, maintain their weight loss and improve their quality of life.
To contact your local surgery and speak to one of our nurses click here.