Coronavirus practice update 5.1.2022
We would like to thank you all for all of your continued support.
We appreciate your understanding during what has been a tough time for everyone and look forward to a happy and healthier 2022.
Coronavirus practice update 9.9.2021
We would like to thank you all for all of your support over the last 18 months.
We appreciate your understanding during what has been a tough time for everyone!
We are pleased to say that from Monday 13th September we will no longer have a locked door policy and will be welcoming you back into the practice. You can sit in the waiting area if you are comfortable to do so but may need to wait outside if we are busy.
We will be keeping the following measures in place to keep everyone safe:
- Please continue to wear your face mask when in our practices and maintain responsible distancing. If you are exempt, or do not wish to wear a face covering then we will conduct the consultation in the car park as we have done throughout. Face masks will be available at the front door.
- We will provide hand sanitiser at the front door. Please use this when you arrive.
- Please do not arrive or enter the building more than 5 minutes before your appointment.
- In order to reduce the number of people in the waiting areas, please keep the number of people attending the appointment to a minimum. There will only be one person per appointment allowed in the consulting room.
We understand there will be times when more of the family will wish to be present and we will of course, facilitate this.
- We will be regularly cleaning and disinfecting all touch points. Reception and seating areas will be regularly deep cleaned.
- Screens will remain in place at reception desks.
- Food and medication should still be booked in advance over the phone to your local practice. We kindly request that you give us 24 hours’ notice in order to prepare any parasite treatments that you require.
Coronavirus practice update 9/8/2021
Coronavirus practice update 30.7.2021
Due to COVID-19, we are experiencing considerable disruption to staffing levels and have had to close our Bridge House Pilton surgery from Friday 30th July for at least the next 10 days.
We are contacting clients to rearrange appointments and clients are unable to collect medication or food from this practice.
We also have reduced staffing at Roundswell, Barnstaple and Mullacott, Ilfracombe but we continue to see emergencies and urgent appointments and are trying to accommodate 1st vaccinations where we can. We are experiencing a high volume of calls and your patience is appreciated.
To help keep us all safe, please do not attend the practice unless you have a pre-booked appointment or have arranged to collected food/medication. If you have an appointment, we apologise but you will not be able to enter the building with your pet.
On arriving at the practice please phone to indicate your arrival, the vet will take your pet’s clinical history whilst on the phone or speaking from a safe distance outside. One of our team will then come and collect your pet from you outside whilst maintaining a safe distance.
Please ensure that puppies, kittens and cats are in a secure basket.
We will conduct the consultation in the practice. Your vet will then speak to you outside at a safe distance or will telephone you after the consultation/examination to update you.
After your appointment please telephone the practice again to make payment and arrange for any medication to be left on the table in the foyer for you to collect. If you can’t get through whilst in our car park, please call when you arrive home.
Please remember to enter and exit our car parks with caution as the team are in and out of the practice to collect pets from our clients.
Rest assured, we are doing everything we can to get our practices open safely again and we thank you for your continuing support and understanding in these challenging times.
Change to the MiNightVet service 28.7.2021
Due to Covid, the out of hours emergency service will be moving to the Arygll Barnstaple practice for tonight Thursday 29/07/21). The contact telephone number remains the same: 01271 318050.
The address is:
Unit 4 Brannam Crescent
Roundswell Business Park