Are you thinking about a career in the veterinary profession?
A career with Charter Vets is more than just a job, it is a vocation. Many of our team have been with us for many years and you’ll be joining a friendly, caring veterinary practice with excellent facilities and a working environment that aims to provide the best possible care for all animals as well as for yourself!
We currently have the following vacancies:
Registered Veterinary Nurse – North Devon
Are you a Registered Veterinary Nurse looking for an exciting new challenge with a varied caseload within an outgoing and progressive independent practice?
Based at Mullacott in beautiful North Devon with some of the UK’s best beaches and moorland on our doorstep, Charter Veterinary Hospital Group Ltd is looking for an enthusiastic full-time RVN to join our friendly team. We offer:
- A wide range of mixed practice work within an RCVS accredited hospital and the opportunity not only to work with Charter Vet clients and patients but also those registered with Torch Farm and Equine Ltd.
- Career progression with a supportive outlook on personal learning and development with funded memberships and CPD.
- A good work-life balance with an out of hours rota of 1:7
- Varied clinical caseload within a well-equipped hospital environment.
- Opportunity to develop your training skills within the nursing field by becoming a clinical coach.
The successful applicant will have the motivation and drive to maintain and develop the high standards of service and care already in place within Charter Veterinary Hospital Group
If you are RCVS registered with good organisational ability and excellent written and verbal communication skills, we offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience and would love to hear from you!
Please apply by sending a CV and covering letter to Heather Wraith, HR Manager, by email : Heatherwraith@chartervets.com or by post : Charter Veterinary Hospital, Charter Court, Roundswell, Barnstaple EX31 3FG
Part Time Veterinary Client Support Team member
Charter Veterinary Hospital Group Ltd is looking for a small animal veterinary receptionist to join the team at Charter Veterinary Hospital, Roundswell working on a part time basis over 3 or 4 days per week (approximately 30 hours).
Client facing; the successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to provide a friendly and professional welcome to all clients.
Duties will include:
- Taking routine & emergency bookings and dealing with queries efficiently at all times
- Processing payments
- Managing the sale of food and sundry products
- Co-ordinating multiple diaries to provide first class service for our clients and their pets
- Providing accurate information to clients regarding services that can be provided by Charter
- Dispensing medication in line with guidance and training
- Providing a friendly and efficient first point of contact – in person and on the telephone
- An interest in the care and welfare of companion animals.
- Good verbal & written communication skills
- A calm and confident manner
- An ability to deal with distressing and stressful situations
- Able to work alone and as part of a large diverse team
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good listening skills and the ability to summarise information received in a concise manner for others.
- A confident approach using computers.
- Experience of working with the general public in a busy service environment
- Experience of managing multiple diaries
- IT skills – experience in use of email, word, excel and a willingness to learn how to use our internal bespoke software
- Health and Safety awareness.
If you feel you have the necessary skills to fulfil this role please apply in writing (including a CV) to Heather Wraith, HR Manager, Charter Veterinary Hospital, Roundswell, Barnstaple EX31 3FG or email firstname.lastname@example.org Closing date is Wednesday 23rd January 2019.