Practice information on social distancing measures
We continue to adhere to current Government advice about Coronavirus (Covid-19), along with guidelines issued by the RCVS and BVA.
In response to the Government easing restrictions on movements we will review recommendations on an ongoing basis and work towards re-opening our sites fully as soon as it is safe to do so.
Our foremost priority remains the health and safety of our clients, staff and visitors to our premises. We will do everything possible to ensure all Government social distancing measures are followed. The number of staff entering each of our sites will be limited and we have implemented social distancing measures.
Whilst we are able to see your pets we ask that you follow the following protocols:
***Please let the team know prior to your arrival if you or anyone in your household is showing symptoms of COVID-19***
If you are worried about your pet, YOU MUST CALL FIRST and discuss your concern with the nurse or vet. If your pet requires treatment at the practice we will arrange a time for you to be seen.
On arriving at the practice please phone to indicate your arrival, the vet will take your pet’s clinical history whilst on the phone or speaking from a safe distance outside. One of our team will then come and collect your pet from you outside whilst maintaining a safe distance.
Please ensure that puppies, kittens and cats are in a secure basket.
We will conduct the consultation in the practice with the vet speaking at a safe distance or phoning you after the consultation/examination to update you.
One of our team will then phone you to take payment and any medication will be left on the table in the foyer for you to collect.
Please be aware that at this time you will not be permitted to enter the building with your pet. We acknowledge that this is a far from ideal situation for you and your pet, please also be aware that consults and admission will take longer than usual, but under such extreme circumstances, we appreciate your understanding.
Additional safety measure include, but are not limited to:
- At this point in time there is no access to sites for clients
- Medicines to be collected by clients from designated collection points
- Risk assessments on small animal clients before they bring their pet for a consultation
- Site risk assessments
- PPE equipment issued to all staff appropriate for their position including face visors
- Hand sanitiser at entry and exit points of all locations
- Hand sanitiser and wipes at each workstation
- All vets and nurses issued with individual hand sanitisers
- Touch points are cleaned 3 times during a working day at all our locations
- Extra cleansing routines in all work areas throughout the day
- Staff temperature checking before they enter a site
- Display signs at all sites reminding staff of social distancing and hand washing protocols
Our priority is to support the Government’s plans to control the spread of the virus and if official guidance changes, we will adjust practices immediately.
All our sites can be contacted by telephone during normal working hours 08:30 – 17:50 and our 24 hour emergency out of hours service remains operational.
IN AN EMERGENCY: Please call 01271 371115 for Roundswell and 01271 866770 for Mullacott, Ilfracombe.
We will reopen our locations as soon as it is safe to do so and when Government advice permits.
We thank you for your support.